Extended Studies with Academy Online High School
The Extended Studies program at Academy Online program is available to students enrolled in any District 20 High School. The Extended Studies Program is designed to challenge students with high-interest courses they may otherwise be unable to access at their primary high school. Students can take courses as part of, or on top of their high school schedule. Students that are out of Academy District 20 may take Extended Studies courses on a space available basis for $250 per course.
Extended Studies characteristics
- Extension of course offerings beyond what the student's full time high school can offer
- Flexibility of scheduling and non-traditional learning
- Highly qualified D20 teachers committed to helping students learn
- Dual Credit for College and High School Credit available for some courses
- All courses help D20 students meet graduation requirements.
- Courses foster student independence and responsibility for learning
- Students may be enrolled in an Academy District 20 High School or be out of district. The tuition cost is $ 250 per course for out of district students or if students are taking the course as an overload ( over 8 courses per semester).
If students need help, please contact the teacher for the Extended Studies course to work out arrangements for help with the course. Students are also encouraged to communicate regularly with the teacher for their course via email, course announcements, course discussions, and phone. Teachers are more than happy to help students!
Notes! It is still important to take notes with Online Courses !
Please visit our Admissions page for more information and the application to Extended Studies and other AOHS programs.
Extended Studies students primarily work from their location or home. Some hybrid course require in person meetings. Locations and times for hybrid courses will be published in the details about the course in the course catalog or by the teacher prior to the beginning of the course.
Contacts for Extended Studies